Dal Kebabs, or veg kababs, these little bullet shaped kababs pack a burst of tandoor flavour, with a crunchy yet juicy texture. This healthy dal kebab is with the goodness of Red Lentils or Masoor Dal and Soy makes it high on protein.. Have it as an evening snack, or make it for a party to please your guests. Here’s how you can churn them out!
Subscribe for more food fun – http://goo.gl/Pw8vy7
Business Emails – [email protected]
Masoor Dal – ½ cup (soaked for 1 hr)
Soy Granuels – ¼ cup (soaked for 20 mins)
Green Chili – 2
Ginger – Small piece
Onion – 1
Charcoal – 1 (and ghee ¼ tsp)
Salt – as per taste
Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp finely chopped
Mint leaves – a few chopped
Roasted Besan – 1 ½ tbsp.
Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
Oil – to deep fry
Spices to broil – 1 tsp fennel,
3 black cardamom,
1 tsp Kasoori Methi
3 – Red Chili
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
1 tsp Mace
1 ½ tbsp. besan
1. Add the soaked lentils and soy granules to a pressure cooker with 2-3 tbsp of water and cook till 1 whistle. Turn off the flame, let cool, take out the partially cooked dal & soy in a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Add the spices(except kasoori methi) to a pan and broil in low heat, after lightly golden and fragrant, add the kasoori methi and broil for another few seconds. Add to a grinder and let cool.
3. Blend the spices to a fine powder. Also heat up the charcoal in direct flame for it to get active.
4. Also add the refrigerated dals & soy to a blender along with an onion, green chili and ginger. Blend to a paste using no water, Transfer to a bowl.
5. Add salt to taste, along with coriander and mint leaves. Also add in the roasted besan and the spice blend to the blended mixture.
6. Mix well, and place in the active charcoal in the centre, drop in a little bit of the ghee, cover the bowl and let the flavours infuse for 10-15 mins.
7. Uncover the bowl, mix it well, then take a little portion and shape it cylindrical, coat it with breadcrumbs and keep aside to fry.
8. Deep fry in medium flame until golden, take down to a kitchen towel lined plate and serve hot with green chutney and salad. Enjoy!
Website: http://www.cookingshooking.com | http://www.cookingshooking.in