Please take a moment to like and subscribe
◕ ‿ ◕
Shevai upma is a little version of popular breakfast recipe upma. Upma or upit is prepared using rava or sooji. But here we are using sevai or vermicelli instead of rava or sooji. This is again a very simple, easy and light on stomach recipe. It is a quick fix too. Let’s see how to prepare sevai upma.
• 1/2 tsp Ghee
• 1 cup Sevai / Vermicelli
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
• 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
• Finely chopped Garlic
• A pinch Asafoetida
• Curry leaves
• Finely chopped Green chillies
• 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
• Green peas / Frozen peas
• Finely chopped carrot
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 1/2 cup boiling hot Water
• Salt to taste
• 1 tbsp Roasted peanut powder (Optional)
• Finely chopped Coriander leaves
• Heat up a pan on medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp ghee.
• Add sevai and roast on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
Do not roast much.
• Roast until it turns light pink. Remove the pan away from the
• Heat up 1 tbsp oil in another pan.
• When oil is enough hot, add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and let it
• Add cumin seeds and finely chopped garlic. Cook for about a
minute until it turns light golden in colour.
• Add asafoetida, curry leaves, green chillies and onion. To it
add green peas and carrot. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
• You can add vegetables of your choice like capsicum. Or you
can completely skip vegetables.
• You can use red chilli powder and garam masala while frying
onion instead of green chillies.
• Add turmeric powder. Mix everything well together.
• Add roasted shevai and mix it well with vegetables. Add
boiling hot water, salt. Mix well.
• Cover and cook until the water is absorbed.
• Add 1 tbsp roasted peanut powder and mix well.
• You can avoid the roasted peanut powder if you don’t like.
• Cook uncovered until all the water is absorbed.
• You can reduce the water if you don’t like the softer sevai
• Add 1 cup boiling hot water for 1 cup sevai.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and sevai upma is already.
• This is a good breakfast option. Also it can be a good option
for kids’ lunch box.
Click for detail Recipe – http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/regional-recipe/marathi-video-recipes
Subscribe to my other channels
Enjoy my other videos
टोमॅटो सार | Tomato Saar | Creamy Tomato Soup with Beet by madhurasrecipe
मूंग डाळ खिचडी | Moong Dal Khichdi by madhurasrecipe | Winter Comfort Food
ज्वारीचं थालीपीठ | Jwaricha Thalipeeth by madhurasrecipe | Healthy Breakfast Recipe
चिकन करी | Chicken Curry by madhurasRecipe
अंडा भुर्जी | Anda Bhurji by madhurasrecipe | Cooking | Indian Street Food | Scramble Eggs
रवा केक | Rava Cake in Pressure Cooker by madhurasrecipe | Holiday Recipes | Cooking
शेपूची भाजी | Shepuchi Bhaji with Aloo by madhurasrecipe | Cooking | Suva ki Sabzi
शेंगोळे | Shengolya by madhurasrecipe | Cooking | Healthy Winter Recipe
घडीची पोळी | Ghadhichi Poli by madhurasrecipe | How to make Soft Roti Pudachi Poli | Cooking